To bring it all together, we needed a Brew Cart. After looking at different designs (wood vs. metal, single tier vs. 3-tier gravity) and gas manifolds, I knew that I wanted a jet burner for the Brew Kettle. Then I saw a jet burner in action. That was it. I knew I needed one. In looking for a jet burner, I found the solution to the Brew Stand need:
King Kooker 94/90TKD Portable Dual-Burner Propane 30-Inch Patio Cart – $138.15
Made of angle iron and ships with a 105,000BTU jet burner and a 60,000BTU cast burner. Also included is the dual hose/regulator setup and two long probe thermometers (which turned out not to work).
Here is a picture of the assembled cart.
Here is the jet burner and the three piece heatshield
Pretty standard cast burner
After placing the Keggle on the cast burner, the base is too narrow and it tilts. We welded a piece of angle to opposite sides of the supporting square and that made the keggle fit nicely.
This closed up the opening enough to add stability to this part of the stand
The propane tank stand just slid into a bracket and flopped around, easily coming out of place. We drilled a hole and bolted it into place, but it was still a bit flimsy. So we welded it. Not so flimsy anymore.
Speaking of flimsy, the heat shield around the jet burner would move and flap around at being touched or a slight breeze. To fix this, we riveted the pieces together.
Since this is going to be used to brew inside the garage, I wanted to put a heat shield around the cast burner. The plan is also to add an electronic ignition for the burners. This is the one we decided on:
I had some sheet metal shelving that had come with a cabinet. I made some custom wooden shelving for the cabinet and set the metal shelving aside. Now, I have a reason to use it. The heat shield for the “front” of the cart was cut long to allow for this. A hole was also cut for the button on the igniter.
All pieces sized and cut, I used my 120 Grit flap disc on my angle grinderto smooth the edges. I then clamped the first piece into place.
Drilled and riveted into place, I did the same to the other two sides
I then hit all the welds with the flap disc and put a fresh coat of paint on the whole thing.
Here’s the “rear of the cart.
I’ve installed the electronic igniter, but broke one electrode while bending it into shape and the other does not spark. For now, we are manually lighting the burners.
Brew on, my friends.